Best Ways To Burn Fat And Build Muscle With Bodyweight Exercises
Too much aerobic activities come with increase in cortisol, the stress hormone. Your body’s blood sugar also rises with along with the increase in your cortisol.
So, this is going to make your body to produce more insulin this way. As the insulin in your body increases, it also means more insulin resistance.
What’s the implication of this?
Insulin resistance will increase how much fat is stored down the road. You may think you are losing weight like this, but you might just be losing muscle with the fats in your body getting stored in places in your body where they will be harder to get rid of.
This explains why there are lots of skinny runners that have low bodyweight but high body fat in the wrong places in their body. Women have the fats in their butts and hips, which men store them in their stomach.
Even, there are professionals with all their nutrition programs and overall training that still carry around extra bodyweight in the wrong places.
You will see what I am talking about when you take a closer look at your aerobic instructors.
Bodyweight burn is still a hormonal event if you want to burn fat
If you want to burn fat and build muscle, you need to pay attention to your hormones too. Don’t think you can outsmart your fat cells, that’s likely not going to happen. The best thing you can do in this case is to provide them with the right signals from your hormones for the fat cells to release Fatty Acids into your bloodstream.
This will allow you use them in your muscles as fuel. The hormones involved in this process include Glucagon, GH and Catecholamines. They are messengers that can cause your body’s fat cells to release fattly acids freely into your bloodstream to be used up in form of energy.
However, insulin resistance can put a stop to this process, which can signal to these fat cells to just go into storing mode instead of releasing them into the bloodstream.
According to Adam Steer, the author of the Bodyweight Burn System, the key factors you have to keep in mind for burning body fat is to keep insulin low, keep glucagon high and use burst of catacholamines and GH to keep the that process of involves the release of your fat cells into your bloodstream running. This way, you can burn bodyweight all day long.
People seeking more muscle mass tend to overdo Exercises
Having the expectation that muscle grow in the gym isn’t exactly the right attitude to start your muscle building journey. If you are looking to build muscle mass, you should focus less on workout and more on eating right.
Visiting the gym with that attitude will only result in frustration. Focus less on those professional bodybuilders’ workouts that you read in magazines. Most of them don’t. Another fact is that unlike then, you don’t have access to the types of “hormonal” help most of them are getting.
I don’t see why you should be lifting more than 2-3x per week, unless you eating protein of about 2g/lb of lean mass and taking extra 2 hormones. Adam Steer recommends that you eat healthy and stick to just 2x.
I personally believe you shouldn’t tell your body to start building any more muscle mass is you are not eating rightly and enough.
If you want to burn more fat, then do the following
- Participate in bodyweight resistance exercises or workout with weight 2-3x in a week. You need to use your muscles or lose them. Losing them is like losing your fat burning furnaces. That is a good place to start if you want to burn fat and build muscle.
- Reduce excess cardio exercise. Just do it correctly, but not too often. When you do it, keep it at duration of 30-40 minutes, depending on your intensity.
- Stay away from processed carbs and sugar. When your insulin levels go up, it shuts down your fat burning furnaces.
- De-stress. Keep your cortisol under control. Doing this will also keep your insulin at bay. Exercise is a stress, that’s also how your body views it. Stress isn’t cool when it becomes chronic. So, keep your workouts under control.
- Get enough sleep. It will help you make a better fat-burning machine. Staying up will make you crave sugar and carbs and we both know that isn’t a road to fat loss.
- Mix it up. Incorporate what you enjoy into your exercise routine. Do different activities. Go running, canoeing, swimming, hiking, rollerblading and dancing. You
Consider Your Motivations…Why Are You Working Out?
Are you working out to lose weight, build muscle or to just be healthier? What’s the point if you keep on doing all the wrong things without getting your desired results? If you are looking to be a professional athletes, that is different.
But if you are just like many of us that just want your body to look better and you want to feel better naked, then you should try and do the right things.
More is not better, but smart is. If you have not been getting your desired results with your workouts, then it is high time you changed what you are doing to burn fat and build muscle. It does not make sense for you to keep cutting down the same road and expecting different results.
If you have problem getting started, why don’t you start with a personal trainer at one of the best fitness centres around you. Lincoln, NE is a great place to start since they all have branches at other cities as well.